Dagger, Legendary (requires attunement)
A flint dagger, Tinderstrike is uncommonly sharp, and sparks cascade off its edge whenever it strikes something solid. Its handle is always warm to the touch, and the blade smolders for 1d4 minutes after it is used to deal damage. It contains a spark of Imix, Prince of Evil Fire.
You gain a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls you make with this magic weapon. When you hit with it, the targets takes an extra 2d6 fire damage.
Fire Mastery. You gain the following benefits while you hold Tinderstrike:
- You can speak Ignan fluently.
- You have resistance to Fire damage.
- You can cast Dominate Monster (Save DC 17) on a Fire Elemental. Once you have done so, Tinderstrike can’t be used this way again until the next dawn.
Flaw. Trinderstrike makes its wielder impatient and rash. While attuned to the weapon, you gain the following flaw: “I act without thinking and take risks without weighing the consequences.”
This weapon is tied to one of the four Elemental Planes. While wielding this weapon, you have advantage on attack rolls against elementals from the linked plane, and they have disadvantage on attack rolls against you. In addition, you have access to properties based on the linked plane.
If you help slay a fire elemental while attuned to the weapon, you gain access to the following additional properties:
- You are immune to fire damage.
- You can cast the following spells from the dagger, expending the necessary number of charges: burning hands (1 charge), fireball (2 charges), or wall of fire (3 charges).
After helping to slay a fire elemental, the Weapon has 5 charges. It regains 1d4 = 1 expended charges daily at dawn. Spells cast from the weapon have a save DC of 17.
Dance of the All-Consuming Fire. While inside a Fire node, you can perform a ritual called the Dance of the All-Consuming Fire, using Tinderstrike to create a Devastation Orb of Fire. Once you perform the ritual, Tinderstrike can’t be used to perform the ritual again until the next dawn.